The Tobacco Policy and Control Program at the Medical University of South Carolina has developed several educational exhibits that are available for display *FREE of charge at your next conference or health expo. Our exhibits provide important tobacco-policy and health education information that increases awareness of the tobacco epidemic and provides a narrative history of big tobacco’s toll on global health.
Our exhibits raise awareness:
- The forces that influenced the sale of cigarettes and the resulting epidemic of lung cancer (A Century of Cigarettes)
- The history of the office of the Surgeon General as well as the events that led up to the 1964 SGR report on smoking and health (50 Year Surgeon General Report)
- The globalization of the tobacco epidemic, tobacco-related deaths worldwide, and the future forecasts of tobacco related deaths (Framework Convention on Tobacco Control)
- Tobacco trials in the U.S. over the past century and how they directly influenced tobacco policy regulations (Towards Health Through Justice)
- The evolution of tobacco cigarette designs and packaging over the past century (The Evolving Cigarette)
Our exhibits are perfect for:
- Cancer awareness and anti-smoking events
- Cancer research conferences
- Employee health and wellness events
- Health fairs
- Health fundraisers or charity walks
- Hospital practice openings
- Patient education
- Tobacco research conferences
If you are interested in reserving an exhibit for your next meeting please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
or call 843-876-2435.
*Shipping, handling, labor, and other fees are negotiated per event.
Tobacco Exhibits Blog
History of Smoking Cessation The history of smoking cessation exhibit chronicles the develop of various approaches to assist smokers in getting off cigarettes during the past century. These...read more
Shine a Light on Lung Cancer provides hope, inspiration and support for those impacted by lung cancer and those at risk. The Evolving Cigarette display was then relocated to our hospital campus. It was displayed in the atrium of one of our pavilions where it was very visible to patients, visitors and staff for the week of the GASO.read more
The conference highlighted a variety of successful models for effectively working across sectors such as primary care, non- medical professionals, and nonprofits to improve public health outcomes. A diverse group of public health practitioners were brought together at the conference, crossing many sectors of care.read more
Exhibit: The Evolving Cigarette / A Century of Cigarettes Location: La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, Montgomery, TX Date: July 24 – 26, 2017 Number of Attendees: 371 Focus of Meeting: Say What!...read more